How To Cancel Your Kindle Unlimited Membership On Amazon (Guide)
how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription. Keep reading this article for working methods you can use to opt-out of your active subscription plan on Kindle.
Kindle Unlimited can best be described as an online subscription service that was created to provide bibliophiles everywhere with limitless access to more than one million eBooks.
You also get to read from an extensive collection of digital comics, graphic novels, magazines, as well as compatible audiobooks.
But what happens when you’re no longer interested in using the service? You’ll need to know how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription.
Keep reading this post for working methods you can use to opt-out of your active subscription plan on Kindle.
About Kindle Unlimited Subscription
Since its launch in 2014, the Amazon-owned Kindle platform has grown to become quite successful.
The number of book lovers who are already subscribed to Kindle Unlimited keeps growing every day, as it has lots of amazing deals on offer.
On Kindle, you get to read all the digital books you want for a 9.99 USD monthly fee.
This popular eBook platform also allows its users to rent up to ten digital books at a go.
Moreover, when you sign up for the Kindle Unlimited service for the first time, you get to enjoy a 30 day free trial period. This free trial period can even extend for up to two months in certain world regions.
When to Cancel Your Kindle Unlimited Subscription
So you want to find out how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription?!
There are several reasons why Kindle subscribers would want to cancel their subscription.
If you’re looking to save costs while benefiting from your membership, you should always endeavor to subscribe at the right time.
Some subscribers even cancel their active plan because they only needed to use it for the free trial period. While there are those who cancel because they’d prefer not to use the 10 digital book rentals offer.
A few other valid reasons for the cancelation of Kindle Unlimited may include:
- The value on offer is not worth the subscription fee.
- Your preferred book titles don’t seem to be available on Kindle Unlimited.
- You already enjoy access to unlimited Prime Reading.
- To partake in better reading offers during Black Friday sale or Prime Day.
Whatever your reason(s), you too can find out how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription right here:
How to Unsubscribe For Kindle Unlimited
The good news is the Kindle Unlimited subscription cancelation process is quite straightforward as it only takes a couple of minutes.
Anyone can proceed to unsubscribe for Kindle Unlimited via the official Amazon web portal without even asking for contact support.
Here’s how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription for PC and mobile device users.
Cancel Kindle Unlimited For PCs
Are you a PC user looking to terminate your subscription to Kindle Unlimited? All you have to do is follow the simple procedure we’ve described below:
- You can start by launching your preferred PC web browser and then visiting the official Amazon domain. Next, sign in to your existing account and then tap on the triple horizontal line icon located in the upper left-hand corner of your display.
- Look under the ‘Shop by Category’ menu to find ‘Kindle E-Readers and eBooks’. Click on it when found.
- Afterward, you'll have to scroll down the page to the Kindle Unlimited feature. Click on it and you will be redirected to the Subscription page of your Kindle Unlimited account.
- While on the Subscription page, look out for the ‘Manage your Membership’ feature underneath the top banner and then click on it.
- You will see your Kindle membership info after clicking it. The info details will include your Kindle subscription plans as well as any items you may have borrowed. While you’re still on this web page, select the ‘Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership’ option located on the left-hand side of your display.
- You will be required to provide confirmation of your subscription cancellation request on the next screen that appears.
Once you’ve made up your mind to terminate your subscription to Kindle Unlimited, you may proceed to click on the Continue button to end it.
Well done! You have successfully learned how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription via your PC.
Note that your subscription will be made void on a billing date decided by you. Until then, you can still access digital books and borrowed items.
You can expect to lose subscriber access to all this Kindle content as soon as the billing date elapses.
For Android/iOS Mobile Devices
Smartphone users also get to terminate their Kindle Unlimited Subscription plan via any iOS or Android device.
You can get this done easily by opening your mobile web browser and then going to the official Amazon domain. Once there, you can proceed to follow the same steps we’ve described earlier for PCs.
The Amazon mobile app can also boast of yet another proven method you can use to end your unlimited subscription. Unfortunately, this service is only available in selected countries.
Here’s how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription using your smartphone:
- Run the Amazon mobile app on your smart device but do not open Kindle yet. Next, log in to your existing account on Amazon. Afterward, click on the triple horizontal bar icon located on the upper left-hand corner of your display.
- You’ll have to look out for ‘Your Account’ and then click on it to open the settings for your Amazon account.
- Afterward, you can scroll down the ‘Account Settings’ menu to the ‘Memberships & Subscriptions’ feature. Click on it.
- Once you find your Kindle Unlimited Subscription feature here, click on it. Perhaps your Kindle Unlimited Subscription is not visible here. You can select the ‘Don’t See Your Subscription?’ option.
- On the next screen, you’ll notice the Kindle Unlimited Subscription icon. Click on this feature.
- Afterward, your active Kindle Unlimited subscription plans and borrowed digital items will be displayed. Look out for the ‘Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership’ option. You can find it under the ‘Manage Membership’ section. You can click on it.
Once this is done you will immediately be re-directed to a different screen where you will be required to specify a termination date for your Kindle Unlimited subscription and then confirm your choice.
Next, click on the ‘Cancel’ button and your Kindle subscription will be terminated.
Well done. You have successfully learned how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription via mobile platforms.
Here ends our discussion on how to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription.
You may now proceed to process the cancelation of Kindle Unlimited plan without help or support services.