How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft (Guide)
Are you searching for the methods to allocate more ram to minecraft? Read full article on how to increase more ram on minecraft. easy to follow steps.
With Minecraft, you have one of the most widely played survival-based sandbox games ever made.
And even though the game performs just fine on this generation’s foremost gaming platforms including Windows and Mac PCs as well as on Android and iOS systems, there’s always room for some improvement.
Don’t be deceived by its relatively simplistic gameplay and low graphical style; running the Minecraft application can be very intensive.
And because there’s always a lot of background activity coupled with the operation of installed mods, you’ll need a gaming PC with a lot of RAM to enjoy seamless gaming sessions.
Even with the standard amount of RAM, you can expect to occasionally encounter lags, stuttering, and system crashes that will make Minecraft unplayable.
Fortunately, however, a once rather complex procedure for allocating more RAM to the Minecraft game has become more straightforward and accessible.
Keep reading this post to discover how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft:
- Minecraft: Exactly How Much RAM Is Required?
- Why Allocate Additional RAM To Minecraft?
- How Much RAM is Sufficient for Minecraft Allocation?
- How to Allocate Additional RAM On Minecraft
- Allocate More RAM By Using the Default Launcher
- Allocate More RAM By Using Twitch Launcher
- Allocate More RAM By Using VoidLauncher
- Allocate More RAM By Using Technic Launcher
Minecraft: Exactly How Much RAM Is Required?
Minecraft isn’t a lightweight game. You’ll need a considerable amount of your computer’s resources to play it smoothly.
The minimum system requirement to play Minecraft is 2GB of RAM. While the recommended specs demand up to 4GB of RAM. Anything above this and you’re sitting pretty. You can easily allocate more RAM to quench the game’s thirst.
You’ll be pleased to know that there are proven ways to boost your Minecraft server’s performance.
To achieve this, you will have to learn how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
This way, you get to give the game’s performance a considerable enhancement. Even though the Minecraft servers already consume loads of RAM by default, allocating increased RAM levels to it will only help it to perform better.
Why Allocate Additional RAM To Minecraft?
While playing Minecraft, you’ll soon discover that sometimes the standard 2GB of RAM allocated to the game simply won’t cut it. This can sometimes lead to the game lagging, freezing, or even crashing.
To prevent this from happening, you must know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
Learning how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft will assist you in using different kinds of mods, shaders, and texture packs for the game without experiencing any performance issues.
Players who like to use multiple mods, shader packs and other resources for Minecraft must also know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft if they wish to prevent the game from crashing eventually.
How Much RAM is Sufficient for Minecraft Allocation?
Before we start our discussion on how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft, you should first check to see if you already have what it takes. You can follow these simple steps to determine how much RAM is available on your computer:
- Press & hold the Windows + I keyboard keys to access the Settings menu for your PC.
- Scroll down & click on the About button.
- Next, look under the Device Specifications section for Installed RAM.
- This is where you get to see the amount of RAM that is available on your gaming PC.
Feel free to proceed further if you have a sufficient amount of RAM. However, if your PC’s RAM is below the recommended 4GB, then an upgrade is required.
How to Allocate Additional RAM On Minecraft
What used to be a complex manual code tweaking process has now been simplified.
You too can allocate additional RAM in Minecraft.
However, the approach used to allocate more Minecraft RAM tends to vary for different launchers.
Any of the handy mods and processes we’ve identified below can be used to allocate RAM without any manual code-tweaking.
Allocate More RAM By Using the Default Launcher
You can allocate additional RAM to Minecraft with the default launcher by following these simple steps:
- Start by opening the default Minecraft launcher and then selecting which version you’re looking to play.
- Next, open the Installations tab menu located on the upper section of the page.
- Afterward, scroll to the three white dots located on the Minecraft mod version’s right side and click on it.
- Click on the Edit button next.
- Now, you will notice another pop-up window containing the game’s details. Select More Options, and then move the cursor down to JVM Arguments located at the bottom of the page.
- Located inside this box is a unique code that begins with these characters: Xmx2G.
The amount of allocated RAM is represented by 2G.
- You can change the number ‘2’ written in this code to depict the new RAM amount you’re willing to allocate to the game. For example, you can enter 5 if you wish to allocate 5GB of RAM.
- Afterward, click on the Save button to effect the changes you’ve just made.
- You may now proceed to launch Minecraft and start playing.
Well done! You have successfully learned how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. Now you can experience the reason why you should have some extra RAM available if you wish to enjoy the game even better.
Allocate More RAM By Using Twitch Launcher
Simply follow the straightforward steps below and you can proceed to allocate more PC RAM to Minecraft via the Twitch Launcher:
- You can start by opening the Twitch launcher For Minecraft software on your computer.
- Next, navigate to Files > Settings.
- Afterward, click on the Minecraft tab.
- This is where you’ll find the description for Allocated Memory displayed under the section for Java Settings.
- There’s a slider available here that can be used to adjust the allocated RAM.
- To allocate more RAM, simply slide it forward. You can use the slider to make 0.25GB increments for each scale.
- Next, return to the main homepage, and then launch Minecraft.
- Well done. You’ve successfully allocated more RAM to Minecraft.
Allocate More RAM By Using VoidLauncher
Perhaps you’d prefer to run Minecraft with the VoidLauncher, follow these simple steps if you wish to allocate some extra RAM to the game:
- Launch the VoidLauncher software on your gaming computer.
- Click on the gear-shaped Settings icon located at the upper right-hand corner of your display.
- Afterward, select Minecraft > Options.
- Look out for the Max button and then you can proceed to increase the memory levels available here.
- You can start playing Minecraft now but only after you have saved the modified settings.
Allocate More RAM By Using Technic Launcher
Are you a Technic launcher user? If yes, then you can use it to allocate more RAM to play Minecraft on your computer by following these straightforward steps:
- Open the Technic launcher.
- Next, select the gear-shaped Launcher Settings icon found on the upper right-hand section of your display.
- Afterward, open the tab labeled “Java Settings”.
- You will then notice a drop-down menu for adjusting the game’s memory.
- Go ahead and change it to the RAM amount you’re willing to allocate for playing Minecraft.
- You may proceed to save the changes you’ve made and then exit the Settings window afterward.
- Now you can start playing Minecraft with the improved RAM settings.
That’s it for our discussion on how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
Now you know exactly how to give your Minecraft gaming sessions a significant performance boost.
More Minecraft Resources: